Wednesday 18 May 2011

Just a little frustrated.

I've always found that in addition to having a balanced eating week, one must be extra careful on the day before their weigh-in day. Makes sense, doesn't it? After all, if you pack in a bit extra food, it's going to hang out for a little while.

Though the food I consumed on Monday was pretty healthy, my portions were too high. So I didn't expect much from my weigh-in on Tuesday. And much I didn't get: I was down 0.2 lbs for the week.

Now history has shown me that my body balances out quite quickly. So I delayed my official weigh-in by a day in hopes that a good eating day would lower that number by a little bit more.

And only a little bit I got: another 0.2 lbs. I'd really been hoping for a pound or two. After all, I'm being soooo good.

But I will remain true and post my results from Tuesday since it is my real weigh-in day. And I vow to keep working hard in hopes of better results next week.

Beginning Weight (April 26, 2011): 174.4 lbs
Current Weight: 168.6
Week 3 Weight Loss/Gain -0.2 lbs
Total Weight Loss: 5.8 lbs

There's a lot going on right now outside of keeping this diet, and every one of these is an excuse for why I have not made it to the gym yet.

There is no need berate me and tell me how important good exercise is to a good diet, for I know all too well. But I have some time-sensitive things going on, such as securing a wedding venue and (more importantly) getting caught up on my schoolwork.



It took me a bit longer than anticipated to pick up my school habits and I'm feeling pretty overwhelmed after week three. So this week is being dedicated to catch up and I hope to be hitting the gym starting this weekend.

See you next week!

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry about the week-to-week weight. Your body-weight can fluctuate as much as 10 lbs in a day due to water weight and other factors (undigested food, etc.).

    I'd start tracking your fitness goals, that's what worked for me.

    ie. add 20 lbs to your squat in 2 weeks or run 5km instead of 4.

    If you do get to the gym, or have someone who can help, you might want to get a body-fat measurement done. Use calipers for this, not the little finger electrode junk or scale they use at commercial gyms.

    But again, don't sweat the short term weight changes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. K, so I'll set a couple of small goals for this week:

    1. Quick yoga session tonight (25 minutes)
    2. Quick yoga session Friday night (25 minutes)
    3. 20% cardio/80% weights session on Sunday (probably about 2.5 hours)

    ReplyDelete