Friday 1 April 2011

Someone shoot me, please.

Today's blog title is brought to you by the ever decreasing desire to walk into my office and put on a happy face. The feeling of being undervalued and thought of to be useless is translating into actually feeling useless as I have very little work to do. Granted, I'm not asking for more. When you demonstrate that you feel I am not worth investing in, then you only get out of me what you ask of me.

On the education front, last week's research into schooling for a Registered Dietitian took a very quick nose dive. The requirements to apply to the regulatory college start with four years of university, followed by a one-year, highly competitive unpaid internship or a masters degree.

I was willing to sink myself into some further debt for this, but there's one big issue with the timeline: I do want to have babies at some point. If I took the schooling I'd be about 37 and $100,000 (way more than I'm willing to put forth) in debt when I'm done. And I refuse to have babies if I can't provide them a good life.






So, square one it is. I haven't given up on the job hunt. I really hope to have something in short order, but history has proven that it would be dangerous to hold my breath. And, as I find the time between that, getting my health and fitness back on track, and planning a wedding, I will try to look at other routes of education and their possible outcomes.


In the meantime, I'm having a date with a bottle of wine.

1 comment:

  1. I posted a huge thread and then it wouldn't let me post.

    I know things seem bleak right now. Chin up it could be worse. You have a loving wonderful partner, a home, furbabies and for the most part you health. Not trying to be trite but trying to get you to see what positve things you DO have.

    Just a few questions have you thought about employment agencies? I know they have really helped me in the past. What about widening your scope in HR. I know you want to stay in the health industry but that maybe a bit too narrow for your experience at this point.

    If you have thought about the above just tell me to shut up and I will (well for a few moments anyway)!!

    I will always be here to provide support when you need it.

    ReplyDelete