Tuesday 4 September 2012

1. Looking Forward 2. Small Victories

I started to continue with the updates I promised, but it felt like I was just recounting events without energy or emotion. So should I think about any of those events, get excited and find some energy, I promise I'll write about them then.

In the meantime, I'm looking forward. I took a week off of my physio to give my knee a bit of a rest, but I'm back at it this week. With the exception of one bad day this weekend, I've been keeping diet in check. And I've worked with my husband to come up with a regiment at the gym that will keep me focused and on goal.

Weigh-in day tomorrow - I'm pretty sure I sabotaged my weight loss this week with that bad day, but I don't anticipate a gain. As long as I stay on track, I'll be good.

Finally, on the subject of overcoming mental boundaries, I think I achieved some semblance of greatness yesterday. It had been over a month since I got on the back of the motorcycle. I felt terrible that day, both in my nervousness and for the fact that a friend had come up from Toronto to ride with us. She went on her way and my husband took me home.

Yesterday we were invited to go out for a group ride. There were five other bikes and the riders had different levels of experience. Riding with others meant that I had something else to concentrate on besides everything that usually worries me, and I didn't have to worry about navigating.

And it was an incredible experience. By the time we got home we'd probably been out for about five hours. That's five times longer than my longest ride. The weather was gorgeous, the wind was still for the most part, and the scenery was breathtaking.

Most of all, I am better for it. I am so happy I went.

2 comments:

  1. Keep it up.

    Are you following any particular diet plan?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm doing Weight Watchers again, as well as tracking on MFP. I know that MFP is inherently flawed, but the community there is what keeps me interested

      Delete