Sunday 13 November 2016

This is tough.

This sudden, 4-years-after-the-last-post blog entry has been brought to you by the beginnings of a Facebook status update started this morning that just went on too long. There will be no clip art, no updates, and nothing but something I needed to spew out of these fingers...

This 10k training has been tough. Tough to make decisions not to go out, or to go and leave very early. Tough to not be a zombie all the time. Tough to actually get through the runs themselves. Even tougher to do all the good recovery things I'm supposed to do after them.

I see the how excited my friends are for me I'm running these days, but it hasn't quite registered for me yet. It's like I know from a distance that this is quite the accomplishment, but it almost feels like all that amazing stuff is happening to someone else. 

I'd love to take a break, start up in a couple of weeks again, but I know how detrimental that would be to. And I have people counting on me to be there for them (just like I count on them to be there for me). 

I've been in a vicious cycle of poor nutrition contributing to more exhaustion contributing to no energy to dedicate to my nutrition. Work hasn't helped much, asking longer hours of me. 

I already know running 12k today will ruin me. I have good friends supporting me and not expecting much out of me thereafter today, and I need to make sure to take care of myself day after day this week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment