Sunday 20 March 2011

March 20

In the setting up my account on SparkPeople, I was told to choose some easy to achieve goals. My motivational goal is to write three journals this week, and I feel like it may be too many. I want to say many of the same things as I did on my last note a few days ago...

Does this mean that I'm not making enough progress? Because I feel like my time is completely filled right now with making choices and following through. I constantly think about all the things on my life to-do list and how I can only manage to work on one or two at a time. This weekend it was all about getting out and being active.

On Friday I went to my first learn to run class. The goal is time, not distance, and we went out for a 5min walking warm up, 10 intervals of run for a minute/walk for a minute and a 5 minute cool down. When I got home I tracked the length of our run and we did bout 2.52k in that time. I wasn’t at the front of the pack nor was I at the back. I had a challenging run but it wasn’t anywhere close to impossible.

The best part is that I felt ready to go again this morning. Because I don’t live in the area where my group runs I won’t be running with them, but I have a more than willing running partner in Thomas. He’s so happy to have someone to run with that he doesn’t seem to mind the fact that I’m seriously slowing him down ;)

I guess that’s it for now. I’m hoping this week won’t be as hard to get through as last week was, but I’m already in a better place with these challenges I’m setting out for myself.

Next note I’ll get into the priorities I’m laying out for myself and what I’m tackling right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment