Monday 28 March 2011

What's in a name?

Well, I guess this is it. A certain friend has inspired me to continue my blogging here instead of notes posted on my facebook page. A little housekeeping here: I've moved the posts over from Facebook. I'll keep them there because I want to have access to the feedback, but I'm removing the tags so that they aren't accessible from those people's pages.

It may mean not getting as much traffic, but I've come to recognize that the privacy over there is kind of sketchy. While this may be generally more public, I feel that only those who want to come see this will, instead of stumbling onto a tag on someone else's facebook page.

It didn't take long to decide on a name for this blog. The person who inspired me to start of here came up a fantastic name for his recently-started blog, and once I thought of him, the Tao of Pooh came to mind.


Once realizing that 'Tao' roughly translates into 'path' or 'way' (thank you Wikipedia) or 'how things happen' (thank you other non-wikipedia site for verification), I knew it was appropriate for a blog about the journey I've started in order to heal a lifelong issue I've struggled with.

Now, here I am. Using the identity of a book revered by many and I haven't even read it. I promise you it will be the next one I pick up. And if any of you have a copy that they'd want to lend me, I'd appreciate it greatly...

1 comment: